Frances has been Finance Director at Barr Ellison Solicitors since May 2016. She combines first-rate financial skills and a fresh approach to the business with a strong understanding of the strategic vision of the firm’s Partners.
Frances leads an accounts team, whose responsibilities include:
- overall control of the company’s accounting function
- financial planning and related ongoing advice for the Partners
- formulating financial targets and budgets
- overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters
- preparing annual accounts, using external auditors
- meeting the regulatory requirements of statutory bodies.
Frances is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales having qualified with KPMG in London and worked post qualification predominantly with a client base covering Essex, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. She has many years of experience ranging from working with small and medium sized private companies and PLCs to finance roles within the defence industry.