Sarah joined Barr Ellison in 1993 and was admitted as a solicitor in 1995. She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers, the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association and the Employment Lawyers Association. She has over 20 years experience in civil/commercial litigation.
Sarah Payne is by far the best litigation solicitor I have ever come across.
Andrew Molloy of Interfocus Limited
Sarah acts for public sector bodies, private individuals, trustees, insolvency practitioners, landlords, tenants, partnerships, corporate entities, employers and employees in the pursuit and defence of claims. She has extensive experience in the conduct of complex and more straightforward cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court and County Court as well as Tribunal matters, dealing with arbitrations, mediations and negotiating settlements. Sarah is always keen to ensure the best outcome for her clients.
I would always want Sarah Payne in my corner in any dispute. Her decisive approach was a great help at a difficult time. Sarah was also very approachable and made discussion easy. Worth every penny!
Recent instructions include:
- Property disputes about rights of way, boundaries, estoppel, joint ownership and the recovery of possession.
- Contested probates including disputed wills and claims for family provision.
- Breach of attorney’s duties and tracing assets.
- Contractual disputes between: a wine importer and South African supplier; former partners of taxi firm; a ceramic glass company and a cutting company as to use of off-cuts; a farmer and agricultural chemical company for alleged damage to crops; and building disputes.
- Professional negligence claims including against solicitors, accountants and surveyors.
- Defamation proceedings, most recently for an accountant wrongfully accused of having been in prison for deception offences.
- Defence of a variety of claims brought against public sector bodies including nuisance, subsidence, employer’s liability, public liability, occupier’s liability, highways, disability discrimination, disease litigation, multi party actions, claims for contribution and indemnity.
- Advising on Settlement Agreements.
Prior to joining Barr Ellison, Sarah was a local government officer with Lincolnshire County Council.