Medical, Dental & Veterinary
Over the years, Barr Ellison Cambridge Solicitors has become the preferred choice for many medical, dental and veterinary practices – not just because of the quality of the firm’s legal service, but also because of our specialist expertise and experience in the field.
Our practice also includes acting for opticians, pharmacies and care home providers.
Our work for doctors encompasses GP practices and NHS work as well as advising doctors and consultants on their private practices and structures for such private work.
Our expert Commercial Team can assist you with any legal issue you may face as a practice, whether it concerns the partnership, your employees or partnership property.
Our Commercial Team can assist you with all aspects of partnership and company law relating to professional practices, such as:
- Issues to consider when setting up a new partnership
- Expanding, acquiring or disposing of your dental or veterinary business
- Drafting or amending the partnership agreement to regulate the relationship between the partners
- Issues arising on partners joining or leaving the partnership
- Setting up structures, such as LLPs or companies, for doctors’ private practices and veterinary and dental businesses
- Setting up a limited company for your pharmacy business.
Regarding employment law, we advise on all aspects of the employee-employer relationship, as well as issues concerning locums and self-employed contractors. We offer a wide ranging employment service, from assisting in the drafting and maintenance of contracts, policies and procedures, to advising on the day-to-day management of employment issues.
Our Commercial Property Team includes specialist expertise in partnership property. We can assist you in:
- Buying and selling partnership property
- Transfers of title between partners
- Negotiating commercial leases
- Mortgage documentation for partnership property.
We also have litigators experienced in the resolution of many partnership disputes as well as employee disputes.
Whether you are starting your own practice or looking for assistance in relation to an existing one, we would be happy to hear from you.